Is Your Accounts Payable Process Naughty or Nice? How to Tell the Difference!
Vision360 Enterprise can help your accounts payable process go from naughty to streamlined! Contact us today!
It's that time of the year again when accounts payable departments all over the world wonder if their department is on the "Naughty" or "Nice" list. There are many tell-tale-signs all year long, however we all want believe that we're on the "Nice" list. Here are a few indicators that will either help you sleep at night and dream of Sugar Plum Fairies or keep you awake reliving the years past!
Naughty or Nice?
1. When vendors call asking for payment status, I ask them to send me another copy of the invoice! Naughty!
2. Our suppliers send us electronic invoices and I have to print them on paper anyway! Naughty!
3. Hmmm...I just had the invoice here a second ago? Naughty!
4. We have suppliers that offer discounts if we pay them right away, problem is we can't! Naughty!
5. Approval. What approval? I sent that invoice back to AP? Naughty!
6. We can't keep up with all the paper invoices! Naughty!
7. We're just old fashioned. The boss likes paper! Naughty!
8. Yes, I know we're backed up entering invoices. We hand-key them one invoice at a time. Naughty!
9. I sent the invoice to the manager for approval, but they're on vacation! Naughty!
10. You need a copy of the invoice and it's not there? Naughty!
11. What do you mean I coded the invoice wrong? Naughty!
12. I need a volunteer to file away these invoices! Naughty!
13. We open envelopes, we sort invoices, we manually enter them into our accounting system. Yes it's slow, but this is how we do it. Naughty!
14. Yes, it's slow but this is how we do it. Very Naughty!